Terms and Conditions
Bookings are made and accepted only on the following conditions:
- Sgioba Cottage, trading as sgiobacottage.co.uk, hereinafter called “the Agency”, act only as Agents for the owners of the accommodation (“the Owner”) and the Contract of Letting is between the guest (“the Guest”) and the Owner.
- The Agency accepts no responsibility for personal injury to the Guest and/or his/her invitees (jointly known as “the Holidaymakers”), or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which the Agency has no control.
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property (“the Property”) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties are not allowed unless special arrangements are made by the Agency with the Owner. (Safety deposits may be required). Any pets you intend to take with you should be declared at the time of booking and checked and authorised via the owner (where requested).
- A deposit of 1/3rd of the cost of the holiday (“Deposit”) must accompany the booking request. The Deposit is non-refundable unless the Agency is unable to accept the booking and as specified below.
- If payment is made in full then cancellation insurance is always recommended, however optional – see clause 11.
- Once a booking is confirmed by the Agency, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid no later than 9 weeks before the booking is due to commence.
- The Agency reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 30 days in arrears whereupon any monies paid by the Guest will be refunded. However, if the Agency is unable to re-let the holiday the Guest will remain liable for the outstanding balance of the cost of the holiday and the Deposit.
- In the event of the accommodation becoming unavailable (such as fire or flooding), the Agency will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment. We cannot, however pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
- In the event of cancellations not covered by insurance, the Agency will endeavour to re-let the accommodation, and if successful the balance of the cost will not be due as in paragraph 8 above, or if already paid, will be refunded. Any request to cancel must be put in writing to the agency in the first instance. The Deposit will be retained.
- A Guest requiring a booking to be altered once the booking has been confirmed will be charged £20.00 if a revised confirmation is required.
- Guests wishing to take pets on holiday must abide by the following rules: Responsible pet owners are welcome and the following applies to all bookings: “Pets welcome” relates to properties which allow pets (at a standard extra cost). In properties which take “Pets by arrangement”, one small well-behaved dog is usually permitted (at a standard extra cost), but must be checked with us prior to booking.
- However young pets i.e. puppies MUST be declared to sgiobacottage.co.uk at the time of booking and authorised by the Owner. If a puppy or young pet is taken to a property without the consent of the Owner this could result in you being asked to leave without compensation. When booking online it is advised you check the acceptance of your pet by telephoning the Reservations Department.
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in the property
1. Any fouling of lawns etc. must be cleared up without delay.
2. The dog Owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in.
3. Dogs MUST NOT be left alone in the property or elsewhere at any time.
4. Dogs MUST NOT lie on beds or furnishings, and hair must be well cleared up before departing.
5. Dog Owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the property. Failure to do so will incur subsequent charges.
6. Any damage (which must be reported to the Owner immediately) or excessive cleaning that may incur an additional charge, will be at the Owner’s discretion.
- The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The Holidaymaker must report and pay to the Owner the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. The Agency and the Owners reserve the right to make a charge where guests have contravened an Owner’s request for their property to be smoke free. (In order to comply with the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 the amount of such a charge should not be more than the cost of the cleaning.)
- The Holidaymakers right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:-1. More people or pets than declared at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday to the agency and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation.
2. Overnight guests are entertained without the Owner’s express permission.
3. Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance.
4. Smoking in a designated “No Smoking” property.
- All prices quoted include VAT.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a Property, the matter shall be taken up with the Owner/Caretaker at once, (their details are supplied on the booking confirmation and they understand that they are the first point of contact should there be cause for complaint), only thereafter reported to the Agency if required. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the Owners/Caretakers or the Agency the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday. Please use the Customer Service Department when contacting the Agency. During out-of-office hours, an answer phone facility will be available which will be checked on a regular basis.
- The Owner or his representative shall be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
- We have compiled the information in our Brochure and on our website www.sgiobacottage.co.uk (“the Website”) as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Agency’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. We make every effort to ensure that the property details supplied to us by the Owners are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking.
The Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photograph/illustrations in the Brochure and on the Website and the actual property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
1. By Booking via sgiobacottage.co.uk, you consent to receive our email newsletter.
2. If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter you can do so at any time by logging into your account or clicking unsubscribe in the email.
3. The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings.
4. These Website Booking Conditions supersede all previous editions.
- All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains the property of sgiobacottage.co.uk or their agents and may not be replicated in part or whole without sgiobacottage.co.uk’s prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely by sgiobacottage.co.uk .
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to call us on 01496 850334 or fill in our contact form.
Our business address is:
Sgioba House, Port Charlotte, Islay. PA48 7UD